Michigan will open on June 22nd to full capacity and the mask mandate is no longer required for residents. YES! It has been a long hard road for most all businesses.
Time to rip off that mask and celebrate? Not so fast…
While the Governor gave us exciting news to celebrate for sure, MIOSHA still has emergency COVID-19 rules in place until October 14, 2021.
To view the rules, click here:
A quick review of the plan includes the following:
- All employers must develop and implement a COVID-19 preparedness and response plan. While many of us did this already, the plan will need updating to include the new rules
- Basic infection control measures must remain in place
- Health surveillance is still required
- Workplace controls like PPE and social distancing for non-vaccinated individuals remains in place
- Continued training is required
- Continued record keeping must remain in place
Let’s also not forget about other labor laws related to COVID-19. For example, workplace accommodations must be considered for those who cannot get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
While things are looking more and more promising for employers, this is a critical time to remain vigilant and continue to enforce all related labor laws.
Need help with your Human Resource functions?
Contact Sage Solutions Group at 734-855-7187 or visit us at